Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lovely Dahlias

I love to have colorful flowers around me so I bought and planted some bright and beautiful Dahlias in my containers last weekend. I got 6 red and 1 yellow. The yellow was a bit more mature with flowers already bloomed, but the reds were still just buds. We've had mostly cloudy and rainy weather so they haven't gotten much sun, but the red ones are finally starting to open up. I'm very excited to see them all in full bloom at the same time!

Here is an update on the re-potting of my tomatoes. I guess it was a success for the most part. I only lost two plants for sure. They are still on the skinny side, but they seem healthy and they are producing foliage so that seems like a good sign. I went ahead and planted seeds for the two that I lost, but I don't know if they will make it in time for the growing season.

No comments: