Monday, October 08, 2007

1st Frost of 2007

I'm back! I've been trying some other private blogging, but I decided I didn't really like it. So, I'm back to the Google owned Blogger. Simple and, for the time being, works for me. I'll try to transfer those blog entries over when I get time. I will back date them so that they get filed correctly.

Anyway. Last night was the first hard frost of this year. I had gotten these plant "bags" for my poor tomatoes. Poor things are just starting to ripen...at least the sweet cherries. I have several Brandywine fruits, but they are green, green, green! I hope the weather holds out just a little longer so that we can have some juicy heirloom tomatoes. Yes. I'm being very selfish! :) The only evidence that there was a frost was on my Basil. Somehow the tops were exposed and frosted. When I went out this morning around 10:30, they were brown. I didn't bother covering my peppermints though and they seemed to have survived just fine. So did my Dahlias and other flowers I have. I looks like it shouldn't freeze tonight so I don't think I'll cover the plants again tonight.

For the record, the first frost of 2007 in Larimer County was on October 7th.

No comments: