Saturday, April 28, 2012

Raised Bed Take Two

The more I looked at the kit that I put together, the more I didn't really like it.  They just seemed too flimsy and the sides were already beginning to bow!  I convinced my husband to put a nicer, home made one together.  We purchased four, eight feet cedar panels and had the store (Home Depot) cut them in half for us.  As you can see, these are eight inches wide so for a single height, I didn't need to stack two.  We also purchased one eight feet long red wood fence post and my husband cut them for the corner joints.  He even rounded out the edges so they wouldn't be sharp!
I also found a fence post solar light.  They were a little pricey at $4.00 each so I bought one to see how it would look.  Looks pretty good (last picture).  I guess I'll have to save up.
I will also be using the rubber pavers for in between the boxes so we don't have to worry about trimming there every week.  You can see in the photos, I've got one to get a feel for them.  I think they'll work nicely so I'll need a couple more to fill in the gap.
Found the sprinkler head!
Putting the first box in place
Prepping for the second box
Both boxes placed

No comments: